- University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada - 2013
PhD in Computer Science, Advisors: Dr. Daniel Amyot and Dr. Liam Peyton
- University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada - 2007
MSc. in System Science, Advisors: Dr. Daniel Amyot and Dr. Liam Peyton
- Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran - 2003
BSc. in Industrial and System Engineering
- Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX - 08/2016 - Present
Assistant Professor - Conducting research and teaching on requirements engineering, goal-oriented requirements languages, privacy and legal-compliance frameworks.
- Radboud University, Nijmegen, The Netherlands - 02/2016 - 07/2016
Visiting Assistant Professor - Conducted research on privacy by design strategies, principle-based enterprise engineering, argumentation framework for requirements engineering approaches.
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA - 02/2015 - 06/2015
Visiting Faculty working with Dr. Travis Breaux - Developed a formal ontology for privacy-related regulations in the US for comparing the similarities and the differences in the definitions.
- Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology, Luxembourg - 01/2014 - 12/2015
Postdoctoral Fellow, Marie Curie Grant - Conducted research on legally compliant goal-oriented framework, multi-jurisdictional compliance framework, principle-based enterprise engineering, argumentation frameworks for requirements engineering.
PhD Supervision - Diana Marosin, PhD in Computer Science, Co-supervisor: Dr. Henderik A. Proper, Area of research: Principle-based Enterprise Engineering, Requirements Engineering, Goal-oriented Requirements Modeling, 2013 - 2016.
- e-Dealer, Toronto, Canada - 05/2013 - 12/2013
Senior Project Manager - Successfully managed the release of the web-based system for dashboard reporting, inventory marketing and lead management, web and mobile sites for version 3 of new and used inventory, admin tool and iPhone application for data capturing.
- eHealth Ontario, Toronto, Canada - 06/2011 - 05/2013
Senior Business Technical Analyst - Filled the gap between clients, software developers and architects. Part of teams that delivered healthcare information systems that defined business requirements, functional and technical design, and operations deliverables for 11 projects across the Agency.
- University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada - 09/2007 - 04/2013
Research Assistant to Dr. Daniel Amyot and Dr. Liam Peyton - Business Intelligent Network (BIN) - Involved in a grant submission, which was awarded $5 million by NSERC to develop intelligent data management and decision-making solutions. Developed a framework for business process compliance as a result of the gaps identified in a systematic literature review.
- Fondazione Bruno Kessler (FBK), Trento, Italy - 02/2010 – 04/2010
Visiting Researcher to Dr. Angelo Susi - Performed a study on building law-compliant business processes and defining compatible templates based on different classes of legal rights.
- University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada - 01/2005 - 08/2007
Research Assistant to Dr. Daniel Amyot and Dr. Liam Peyton - Modified hospital business processes for accessing Personal Health Information to ensure they were legally compliant with Ontario privacy legislation.
- Kayson Company, Tehran, Iran 01/2004 - 12/2004
Business Analyst - Developed Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) plan based on ISO14000-1996 and OHSAS 18000.
- Karama Company, Tehran, Iran - 01/2003 - 12/2003
Information System Specialist - Developed an Intelligent Decision Support System for Corrective and Preventive Actions for the largest regional auto manufacturer.